Heatblur Simulations live streamed their “reveal” F-14A/B Presentation Video. Announced more than 3 years ago, the F-14 is nearing completion. Preorder is now possible at https://store.heatblur.com/ One of the most anticipated aircraft will likely make its early access soon. As the F/A-18C just went early access, the simulator is drifting far from it’s flanker roots, deep into US Naval Aviation. And the fans are getting wild! The hype in the DCS community is getting out of control. Two More… <Insert Speculation>?
6.000 fans watched the stream
Highly anticipated module, the jet will be the first DCS Twin Seater Fighter. Special care has been taken by the team to implement a realistic AI copilot…. Unless you have a friend or wife who is crazy enough to get in the back seat, as the module will also support multicrew. Also, a lot of work has been done to accurately model the F-14 iconic AIM-54 Phoenix, with the team ordering a special aerodynamic research on the missile.
On top of this, the team took the time to create a complete F-14 experience with the USS Forestal and the A-6/KA-6 Intruder being developed as AI Units. With extensive experience the team gained with the AJS-37 development and all the attention that an iconic aircraft such the F-14 deserve, this is the next thing you don’t want to miss in Flight Simulation.
You can now get your licence in advance with a discount on Heatblur website. The product early access, which will actually have most of the features available on day one, will take place this winter. The jet is available for $69.99 (instead of $79.99 at release), but you can also get a couple of licence bundled for $129.99.
- The simulation of both the A* and B model Tomcat
- Highly detailed external model, built using laser scanning and photogrammetry taken of real, museum F-14 Tomcats.
- New models for some of the F-14 Tomcat payloads, such as the AIM-54 Phoenix and the LANTIRN pod.
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit also built using photogrammetry from the F-14 Tomcats preserved at museums.
- Highly accurate, F-14 pilot verified, External Flight Model (EFM) based on real performance data.
- Accurate aircraft systems simulation featuring:
- The Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
- The variable wing geometry, wing-sweep, system.
- Detailed electrical, hydraulic and fuel system.
- Fully functional multiplayer two seat functionality allowing a pilot to carry another player functioning as the Radar Intercept Officer, RIO.
- JESTER AI: A new, lifelike AI that fills the role of RIO when flying single-player or multiplayer without a human RIO.
- A limited functionality Iceman AI piloting the aircraft in single-player when switching to the rear cockpit.
- Both AIs feature an interactive interface with a comprehensive library of voice acted phrases.
- Simulation of the AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) featuring:
- A custom model of the AN/AWG-9 radar featuring Pulse Search, Pulse Doppler Search, Range-While-Scan and Track-While-Scan modes as well as both pulse and pulse doppler Single Target Track (STT) modes.
- The ability to prepare and launch the AIM-54 Phoenix, both at single targets and at up to six targets simultaneously using the TWS mode.
- The Television Camera Set (TCS) allowing visual identification of targets in Beyond Visual Range (BVR) situations.
- The Link-4 datalink allowing reception of tracks from an E-2 AWACS or a surface unit.
- The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon.
- A functional simulation of the LANTIRN designator pod, allowing the RIO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing).
- The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS), allowing the player to fulfil the aerial photographic reconnaissance mission. *
- Fully functional carrier interoperability featuring systems such as the Instrument Carrier Landing System (ICLS) and the Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS).
- Comprehensive digital manual, both as a PDF and as a continually updated online manual.
- A complete set of interactive and voiced tutorials.
- Comprehensive campaigns for both the F-14A and F-14B Tomcat, one set in the Caucasus theatre and the other for the Persian Gulf theatre.1 of 8