Eagle Dynamics released a
live stream* pre-recorded video of the Normandy map. It is a 20min overview of the map and content by Wags.
What we learn so far :
- Map will ship without any radionavigation (modern or WW2)
- You can play modern content in Normandy.
- Train function is being changed – Normandy train may get hand placed in editor.
- England will only receive airfield, no towns as England wasn’t really planned at start.
- Tree are collidable.
- Combined Arms with WW2 remains to determine when asset pack is finished. (Asset pack incompatible ??)
- Asset pack won’t be complete at release.
- Bombers will get a dedicated formation option in editor to replicate mass formation.
- Normandy won’t be expanded furthermore. (already beyond target with england)
- Effects being reworked. Explosions first, then clouds will inherit from the new effect tech.
- Shadows have several options for performances to avoid issue with the high load of object.
- Every structure has damage model.
- Servers will need to buy map to operate.
- A campaign is already been prepared by Bunyap, for Spitfire.
- Steam will remain on 1.5, without normandy available.
- Assets pack will be limited to huge project.
- Wags is able to stream from the past.