Well established in the FSX/P3D market, Orbx studio released their first scenery for X-Plane. KCGX is an airfield nested in Chicago urban area, which operated from 1946 to 2003. Already available for FSX/P3D and Aerofly FS2, it is now available on Orbx website for $32.95 AUD (=~25USD)
- Ultra detailed rendition of KCGX Meigs Field circa late 90’s and early 2000’s
- Many highly detailed Chicago landmarks, including Soldier Field, Cloudgate, Adler Planetarium, Navy Pier and The Shedd
- Custom CBD for Chicago skyline including Sears Tower, Aeon Center, Trump Tower, Hancock Center
- Thousands of autogen buildings accurately placed
- Beautifully modelled static aircraft
- Airport imagery at 30cm per pixel
- Extended photoreal at 1m per pixel
- Orbx first X-Plane release!
Introducing KCGX Merrill C. Meigs Field for X-Plane 11!
Few airports hold as much nostalgia, familiarity, and emotion for aviation enthusiasts. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Meigs Field operated as the gateway to corporate Chicago for over half a century. After its closure, Merrill C. Meigs Field (KCGX) had been recreated with the utmost attention to detail and accuracy originally for FSX & P3D and then subsequently Aerofly FS2. Now it’s X-Plane’s turn! Depicted as it was in its final years, virtual pilots are welcomed to return to what was once the busiest single strip airport in the United States and enjoy it in high definition. Featuring a fully modeled terminal, highly detailed static aircraft, and other historically accurate elements, the airport has been brought back to life. In addition to the airfield itself, the city of Chicago waterfront and parks district has received a facelift to bring the area up to date.
Learn more and buy now: https://goo.gl/2RtMLQ