Eagle Dynamics just posted the 4th hotfix for Digital Combat Simulator 2.5 Openbeta. The develloper is taking special care to ensure their new 2.5 application is polished. Players should expect a 8-15gigs depending on their installed modules.
While often criticized about the lack of fixes in their tentacular project, it looks like ED started a total war against bugs. While there is no update about the current memory issue in Multiplayer, there is definitively work done in this sector, as you can read in the change log below.
This change log may not include 3rd Party fixes.
DCS 2.5 Open Beta Update 4
MP. Fixed issue when client can only see up to 5 ground units that are stationary.
- MP. Ground units will be able to activated on client.
- MP. Fixed crash on P-51D MainPanel:update_arguments().
- MP. Client in multiplayer will see missiles of SAM launcher after its rearming.
- MP. Fixed issue when player can’t join server with password if he previously enter incorrect password.
- MP. Stingers and Igla missiles will be visible for Clients.
- MP. Fixed multi-monitor setup crashes when joining or hosting multiplayer game.
- Speed indication on external view status bar will show more number positions.
- Aircraft AI will take damage after collision with trees.
- Enemy Within campaign. Added Doc folder and corrected missions.
- Museum Relic campaign. Added corrected missions, version 2.6.
- A-10C. Typo correction German A-10C manual.
- Mi-8MTV2. Spring Tension campaign updated for DCS 2.5
- Mi-8MTV2. Wrong reading of the working pressure in the hydraulic system fixed.
- A10C Sturmovik campaign adapted for DCS 2.5.
- Stryker M1128. Corrected machine gun position.
- Corrected waterline level of several amphibious ground units.
- NS430. 2nd ref wpt for user waypoints is calculated incorrectly when changing distance manually.
- NS430. Approach data errors: KHND.
- NS430. Menu button breaks Right Knob.
- Updated and corrected Vegas tour missions.
- Fixed issue when trigger zone can’t be moved.
- GUI. The open mission panel. Sorting order in mission list will be saved.
- Increased max number of sound hosts for avoidance runtime errors in complicated sound conditions with many sound emitters.
- L-39. Update training missions.
- Fixed crash when player switches to another aircraft on the ship’s deck.
- Georgian Hammer with CA campaign adapted to DCS 2.5.