Eagle Dynamics has published a new major patch. 1.5.4 introduces many new things, including a reworked multiplayer system and the SA-342L Canon/Rocket equiped Gazelle. A fresh new Mig-29 model is now in the game as well.
Mission Editor also get a lift with a new texture preview windows, season are now automatically dependent on dates. Years can be changed (which should affect magnetic drift). Also, you can place helicopter on the ground without a Farp !
Cockpit builder community has been greatly taken care of by Eagle Dynamics. They will be happy to learn that peripherical hotplug is now supported ! No need to restart DCS for this forgotten USB cable.
Also, the new anticheat system include an option to allow them to access their aircraft input/outputs, minus sensor data. This seems to be targeting modded datalink users, while leaving them option to play together in their own server, and also not simply cutting down export software as it was feared. (personnal note to ED : Great Job !)
The patch is available for Open Beta users, and will release to regular users next Friday. Update is 2.3 Go.
Today we’ll release DCS 1.5.4 to Open Beta for open testing.
- Multiplayer. New integrity check system*
- Multiplayer. New extrapolation algorithm
- Multiplayer. Added an input adjustment possibility
- New and improved MiG-29 model
- New Campaign Builder design with multi language support
- ME. Payload panel. Added skin preview in the 3D view
- ME. Added new trigger UNIT’S ARGUMENT IN RANGE for checking animation argument for any 3D model in mission
- ME. Added new trigger PLAYER’S UNIT ARGUMENT IN RANGE for checking animation arguments for player’s 3D model of unit in mission
- ME. The year can now be changed on the briefing menu
- ME. Season is now automatic and dependent on the date of the mission
- Fixed Object.destroy() for cargo objects
- Fixed Unit.getRadar() to return correct information for ground units with radars
- Fixed AI issues caused by toggling AI on/off
- Fixed dynamically added ground units now correctly follow orders
- ME. Added the ability to place helicopters on the ground for the cold and hot start
- Encyclopedia. New 3D view
- Options panel. New design
- Support of hot plug of input devices now
- Module manager. Added DRM button for activation/deactivation
- Returned moon in the sky
- Corrected animation of airshow cone
- Oculus Rift. RadioCommunications and triggered messages menu font increased
- Oculus Rift. Kneeboard and terrain clipping issues fixed
- Oculus Rift. Oculus Zoom action added to “UI layer” input options
- Oculus Rift. VR settings can now be applied without restarting GUI
- Su-27. CN Flight Manual updated
- Su-27. Added Russian training missions.
DCS Fw 190
- The Challenge campaign. Updated a few missions / all the briefing images.
- The Challenge campaign. Russian locale added.
- Fix of causeless fire in the hangar and formation below other aircraft
- Added gauges with imperial scales
- Oxygen QTY pointer will move not discrete when test oxygen button depressed
- Some improvements and bug fixes for Sling load operations
- The hints now in Kneeboard (later it will fully removed from screen)
- Some improvements and bug fixes for Sling load operations
- The hints (about Weapon status, sling load status) now replaced to Kneeboard
- Now the ground crew can be called without setting an intercom, but opened Window
- R-863 in default is tuned on ME frequency
- Default position of the switch ДЕНЬ-НОЧЬ depends on the time of day
- Fixed failures in ME
- Added view on Cargo from pilot seats (LShift + LAlt + С), will tuned later
- Fixed mirrors status during mission start
- Parking brake fixed
- After Hot start:
- pitot heating initialize
- SARPP init state
- Air Inlet Particle Separator System is initialize
- GMC-1A already slaved
- Human radio modulation changed to AM
- Tail Rotor Control Failure, repair fixed
- Add animation for Rotor Swash Plate and Antitorque Rotor Hub.
- Added SA342L model featuring Gun, Rockets, new camera with only daytime view, no NVG, rockets recoil to be corrected later
- Added SA342L separated manual
- Now both internal cockpit pilots bodies can be hidden using RShift+P key in sequence
- Corrected Flight Model in turns
- Corrected Flight Model in dives
- Corrected HOT3 missile to explode as soon as wire is cut
- Corrected Rotor torque behavior depending on speed
- Corrected pitch and roll stick sensitivity
- Corrected helicopter skids behavior at ground
- Now helicopter can land in grass
- Now external pilots bodies don’t show when helicopter is set as uncontrolled in ME
- External copilot body is still visible when helicopter is set as static in ME, will be fixed later
- Corrected campaign missions to keep player current stage
- Corrected COMB warning at Alarm panel and manual accordingly
- Corrected Flares now reload when rearming
- Corrected Engine sound not to change while in Torque test
- Corrected Trimming with Magnetic brake
- Corrected wool wire to correctly reflect wind direction
- Corrected NADIR VENT parameter to display absolute direction the wind comes from
- Corrected SAS authority during turns
- Corrected mirror far vision.
- Modified Special Options interface according to new appearance.
- Changed EB and CC available tasks in ME.
- Added CC Sea Eagle missile launch capability for AI.
- W key fixed – both toe brakes on.
- Fuel burn refined.
- Sight glass 3d object fixed – work in progress.
- Sight glass holders transparency fixed.
- TrackIR view limits set.
- Canopy glass external model more transparent.
- Brake pressure increased to hold aircraft on full power.
- Parking brake keyboard and joystick shortcuts set (LCTRL+W = off, RCTRL+W = on).
- Flaps changed default to F = next detent, LSHIFT+F = previous detent and renamed to Flaps group.
- Added red cockpit lighting*
- Added right side white panel spotlight*
- Corrected several Z-Fighting issues in cockpit artwork*
- Added missing glow on several switches and levers*
- New major Flight Model update & revision
- Adjusted critical & supercritical flight envelope
- Adjusted acceleration
- FM now more closely matches performance data
- Corrected several SAU stabilization issues
- Tweaked SAU for FM changes
- Fixed intermittent cockpit shake (2.0.X & 1.5.4 bug)
- Completely overhauled RP-22 Sapphire radar logic and raycasting
- Corrected several issues with radar indication and targeting
- Corrected erroneously wide IR missile FoV
*Will be available in 1.5.4 Release
If after a week we see no blocking bugs in the 1.5.4 open beta, we will move it to the public build the following Friday.
* Installed payable campaigns can prevent multiplayer game access if server uses new Integrity Check option.