The long suspense for fans is over. The Tomcat is completed and will release on March 13th. While Soviet aviation fans are enjoying their freshly released Mig-19P, it won’t be long before the cat is unleashed on them!
The Tomcat, developed by
You can already get a glimpse of the beast capability with the work in progress version of the manual, available here on
Key features of the Heatblur Simulations DCS F-14A/B Tomcat include:
- The simulation of both the A* and B model Tomcat, the A model following the B later during the Early Access period.
- Highly detailed external model, built using laser scanning and photogrammetry taken of real, museum F-14 Tomcats.
- New models for some of the F-14 Tomcat payloads, such as the AIM-54 Phoenix and the LANTIRN pod.
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit also built using photogrammetry from the F-14 Tomcats preserved at museums.
- Highly accurate, F-14 pilot verified, External Flight Model (EFM) based on real performance data.
- Accurate aircraft systems simulation featuring:
- The Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS).
- The variable wing geometry, wing-sweep, system.
- Detailed electrical, hydraulic and fuel system.
- Fully functional multiplayer two seat functionality allowing a pilot to carry another player functioning as the Radar Intercept Officer, RIO.
- JESTER AI: A new, lifelike AI that fills the role of RIO when flying single-player or multiplayer without a human RIO.
- A limited functionality Iceman AI piloting the aircraft in single-player when switching to the rear cockpit.
- Both AIs feature an interactive interface with a comprehensive library of voice acted phrases.
- Simulation of the AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) featuring:
- A custom model of the AN/AWG-9 radar featuring Pulse Search, Pulse Doppler Search, Range-While-Scan and Track-While-Scan modes as well as both pulse and pulse doppler Single Target Track (STT) modes.
- The ability to prepare and launch the AIM-54 Phoenix, both at single targets and at up to six targets simultaneously using the TWS mode.
- The Television Camera Set (TCS) allowing visual identification of targets in Beyond Visual Range (BVR) situations.
- The Link-4 datalink allowing reception of tracks from an E-2 AWACS or a surface unit.
- The complete F-14A and B Tomcat payload, including AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air to air missiles, various dumb and guided air to ground munitions as well as the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon.
- A functional simulation of the LANTIRN designator pod, allowing the RIO to guide laser guided munitions dropped by the pilot or other aircraft (buddy-lasing).
- The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS), allowing the player to fulfil the aerial photographic reconnaissance mission. *
- Fully functional carrier interoperability featuring systems such as the Instrument Carrier Landing System (ICLS) and the Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS).
- Comprehensive digital manual, both as a PDF and as a continually updated online manual.
- A complete set of interactive and voiced tutorials.
- Comprehensive campaigns for both the F-14A and F-14B Tomcat, one set in the Caucasus theatre and the other for the Persian Gulf theatre.
You can still preorder the F-14 with a discount on this page: