UBOAT is getting two patches. Its regular version is upgraded to Beta 119, which covers a lot of small but painful gameplay issue, along with a range of memory optimizations.
On top of that, users of the preview version ( the beta of the beta !) are jumping on the first build of the Beta 120, which contains further optimization and bug fixing. Patch log is copied below
As it is now a tradition in Submarine simulations, since the early days of Silent Hunter, Uboat is flooded with small bugs that the team is actively tracking down. While annoying at first, remember it is early access.
Make sure you save often and the experience will be great. (…and that is the reason why the site isn’t much updated lately! 😀 )
Beta 119 Changelog
- Crew list now displays the personality of a sailor, if it was already revealed.
- Flags of some countries are now divided between the navy and the merchant fleets.
- Index of the torpedo launcher being loaded is now displayed on the portrait of the officer.
- Equipment produced through HQ (T3 torpedoes, advanced ammunition types and potassium absorbers) is instantly resupplied in all ports.
- It’s now possible to abandon current assignment at a cost of reputation (translations for this feature may be inaccurate in some languages).
- Fixed growth of save files each time after a game state was loaded through the main menu and saved again, to a point when they were stopping to load.
- Confirmed fix for a problem that was causing around 60% of crashes reported to our system.
- Fixes for few confirmed memory leaks and decreased memory usage.
- Decreased memory usage spikes related to a generation of character meshes and textures.
- Major memory optimizations related to terrain generation.
- Terrain segments are now generated in smaller batches to save memory.
- Application is cleaning memory more often during loading tasks.
- Errors logged after upgrading conning tower were fixed.
- Characters, especially the cleaner, could become trapped between the wall and the torpedo being loaded in the stern torpedo room.
- Animation of loading stern torpedo launcher is now correctly aligned with the handle.
- Correct flag files for a few countries.
- Officers could sometimes panic after discipline fell to zero.
- UI scale slider was moved from “Control” to “Video” settings.
- Character name changes are now correctly reflected on the UI above character heads.
- Germany produces much more AP ammo at the start of the game.
- All ammunition types are much cheaper. Ports store ammunition in much larger quantities.
- Combat helmets and rebreathers are cheaper.
- Wilhelm Wolff is correctly recognized as a crew member.
- Port in which player’s u-boat is docked is being periodically restocked like all other ports.
- Hydrophone bearing was incorrectly aligned by outdated code. It worked properly only if the ship was oriented directly at the north.
- Rudder’s drag force was pointed in a wrong direction when the ship was moving backward, causing very odd behavior in case of large rudders.
- Few fixes to ship’s combat AI.
- Upgrades of certain equipment were making radio room or listening room unusable.
- Carry item orders could get stuck.
- Characters were unequipping raincoats after stepping into the port, even if it was raining.
- Mouse pointer could disappear after upgrading the ship.
- It’s no longer possible to save during a dialogue.
- Ships could enter land areas if they were returning back to port on low fuel.
- OG and BB convoys had mistaken waypoints on their path.
- Identification book was stopping to be functional after loading a game state (this problem is carried over in save files).
- Few types of ships had an incorrect setup of propellers and rudders. The most common side effect was the ability to hear their propellers above water from large distances.
- Unread messages notification could be visible, even if zero unread messages were present after loading a game state.
- Fixed bug that could occasionally cause infinite loading screen.
- Exploration mode speeds up sandbox time more than before.
- Food is much cheaper.
- Fixed not clickable listening room problem.
- Characters could play incorrect animations after loading a game state and they could appear in wrong places.
- In-progress torpedo loading animation was off after loading a game state.
- Officer that was playing cards could get interrupted by sailors eating a meal.
- Characters are faded in and out when they start or stop animation that doesn’t have specified transition.
- Optimization to interiors rendering.
- Characters could be lit by the sky ambient and stay that way if a game state was loaded with them sleeping on starboard upper beds (they had a blue tint).
- Stored torpedoes no longer can be damaged.
- Lowered memory usage and improved performance while loading game states.
- Ships in the scene weren’t receiving any visual damage and weren’t wetted by the sea after loading a game state.
- Fixed problem with freezing viewport after using periscope in manual mode.
- Aircraft sent from the carrier over long distances wasn’t initialized correctly and were causing occasional problems.
- Hotkeys for selecting officers were working only for the first 6 officers.
- Certain sound effects could become permanently muted after hydrophone was used in manual mode.
- Characters could start running in one place when u-boat started to sink.
- Cranes in La Rochelle could become invisible after loading a game state.
- Crew was much less willing to eat food after the first alarm was over.
- Ports and other groups could not load, if a player entered, left and entered their area again in a short time.
- Game could freeze during terrain generation.
- Increased error durability of the save system. Saved game state files without major structural problems should load normally when smaller problems are encountered.
- Fixes to some of the most common auto-reported errors.
BETA 120 CHANGELOG (to evolve)
- Lowered memory usage when the game state is being saved.
- Decreased lag when ships are spawned in the scene.
- Starting a new game was partially keeping research from the previous session.
- Blood pools from the previous session could stay in the scene after loading a game state.
- Ships could stop after loading a game state if they were in the middle of certain AI behaviors.
- A few sound effects were stopping to be handled correctly after loading a game state.
- Carry item orders were often ended prematurely if more than one person was working on it.
- U-boats operate on Atlantic in smaller numbers.
- Save system fixes.