Eagle Dynamics Announced the Yak-52 being in development for DCS World. It actually leaked days ago when Kanstantsin “Btd”, the composer for various DCS soundtracks & trailers, posted an enigmated track named “Soundtrack For DCS Yak-52“.
Announcing DCS: Yak-52
We are pleased to announce a new DCS World aircraft that is currently well into development: the Yakovlev Yak-52. This is an outgrowth of a professional, training project that we are also bringing to you.
The Yakovlev Yak-52 is a tandem seat, radial engine, trainer aircraft that served as the primary aircraft trainer for the Soviet Union and many other nations. Introduced in 1979, the Yak-52 has been a popular choice among air forces given its rugged construction, ease of handling, tricycle landing gear, and simple maintenance. These same characteristic have made it a popular civilian aerobatics aircraft in its later years.
Powered by a single Vedeneyev M-14P, nine-cylinder radial piston engine with 360 horsepower, the aircraft is very response given an empty weight of just 998 kg and large controls surfaces. Capable of pulling over 7 G and pushing up to negative 5 G, it’s no wonder the Yak-52 has been popular with aerobatic teams around the world.
The DCS: Yak-52 provides a realistic pilot training progression from the Yak-52, to the L-39 jet trainer, to modern fighters like the MiG-29 and Su-27.
- Professional Flight Model that duplicates the flight characteristics of the Yak-52
- Complete systems modeling of the Yak-52 that includes the engine, fuel, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Realistic, mouse-interactive cockpit in which almost all controls can be interacted with
- Accurate sounds of the Yak-52 like the engine and pneumatic system
- Multiple liveries as both a military trainer and civilian aerobatic aircraft
- Cooperative multiplayer. Fly with a friend in the same aircraft